[Newbies] Plugins ,FFI

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Jul 12 13:53:18 UTC 2007

Hello Thushar,

TGR> Could any one please tell me where i should look for
TGR> documents regarding Plugins and FFI.

Ron already pointed you to the swiki, there you can search for
"Plugin"
Namely   http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3336 is Andrew Greenberg's
NamedPrimitiveTutorial.

A lot of useful information especially the appendix on Slang is on:
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/writingPlugins.html.

Be careful, this is pre VMMAKER times and you definitely should get
everything on VMMaker.

I suggest before building a plugin you get warmed up by building a VM!

TGR> Also i need to get information about platform sources tree for VMMaker.

Which OS are you on?

On SqueakDev you can see me struggle with building a plugin for
Windows. If you are on Windows too we should share experiences.

If you are on Windows, you need:
SqueakVM-Win32-3.10.4-src.zip
which  contains the source tree, and
Squeak-Win32-Tools-1.2.zip
which contains the tools.

If you extract the source you will find compiling.html under
..\platforms\win32\docs  which gives an overview over the process to
build the VM.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net