[Newbies] Mysteries of the Squeak IDE

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Sun Jul 15 07:39:11 UTC 2007

If you open up a Workspace and enter some text, then close it, you get the
message:

"Changes have not been saved.
Is it OK to cancel those changes?"

If you answer yes, the window closes and all text is gone If you answer
no, and then save, and then close, you get no message. The window closes.
And the text is just as gone as it was when you didn't save it.

Now, I've found that saving the text allows you to revert to it with an
"undo".

And it's happened at least once that I could save text in a workspace,
open a new "blank" workspace and "undo" to the last saved text, though
that doesn't always seem to work.

What's the desired behavior?