[Newbies] Proper fractions?

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Fri Jul 27 07:34:50 UTC 2007

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 00:17:12 -0700, Conrad Taylor <conradwt at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi, please explain why it's wrong when one can define their own method to
> print an instance of a class. Second, a fraction is the ratio of two
> whole numbers, or to put it simply, one whole number divided by another
> whole
> number.  Thus, the implementation of class Fraction is in sync with the
> definition.

OK, language barrier: I said "I find it odd that class (A) doesn't do (B)".

I wrote that fully believing that class (A) =did= do (B) and I just
couldn't see it.

In other words, I wrote the statement outline the "oddity" expecting to be
corrected, and I was.

It would indeed have been odd for a seasoned Smalltalk like Squeak aimed
heavily at education/math/science targets to not provide a simple way to
do something everyone working with fractions for educational purposes
would eventually need.

That's all.

	===Blake===