[Newbies] web based game development in squeak

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Sun Jun 10 17:50:29 UTC 2007

You'll need to clarify this.
Will the game run in the browser, server side, or a combination?
The only sensible options for browser side work are javascript and
flash.

Squeak is smalltalk.
If your game will run primarily server side and serve up html
(possibly with bits of javascript to make it more interactive), then
seaside (a smalltalk framework for squeak to build web apps) is a
good choice.

Otherwise, I'd get a javascript book and start figuring out how to
work in that.  There is no shortcut there and you will be testing/
running entirely in the browser.