[Newbies] web based game development in squeak

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Sun Jun 10 19:13:53 UTC 2007

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:29:17 -0700, Karl <karl.ramberg at comhem.se> wrote:

> You can use Squeak projects to make and publish games on the internet.
> Go to Squeakland to get the plugin.

Right, but the starting premise was "no exotic plug-ins". And all plug-ins
are exotic, apparently. OK, maybe not Flash, Java, QuickTime, MediaPlayer.

Flash is probably the de facto standard, though I wouldn't put money on
them not ceding that to Microsoft through sheer incompetence. (Nothing
against Adobe or for MS, but when you have an unlimited supply of cash,
you can outlive your own ineptitude.)

> You can also use Scratch to make and publish simple games. I'm actually
> not sure how the Scratch stuff works. I think it's a java Squeak vm
> mixture of some sort. Some one have to clarify what goes on there.

That's interesting. I'd be curious to know what was going on there.