[Newbies] Better editor components?

Scott Wallace madevu at pacbell.net
Wed Jun 13 02:11:40 UTC 2007

On Jun 12, 2007, at 6:40 PM, Stuart Herring wrote:

> About the only issue I've found is that tab won't indent selected
> lines - it just replaces them with a tab.

Correct -- this is the same as in *any* wysiwig editor, because tab
is an actual text character that resides in the body of text, rather
than a meta-directive to an editor.

However, hitting alt-shift-R indents all selected lines, i.e. shifts
them right by one tab-stop, which I think is what you are looking for.

Similarly, alt-shift-L will shift all selected lines one tab-stop to
the *left*.

Cheers,

  -- Scott