[Newbies] SampleCode-ImageViewer

Wade Scholine wscholine at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 16:51:50 UTC 2007

This is a question about the sample that was posted here last October, at

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/beginners/2006-October/001238.html

I am not able to make it work. I was able to file in the code and start an
instance from a workspace with 'SampleImageViewerMorph new.' I click on the
'dir' button in the upper left hand corner of the resulting Image Viewer
Morph window, and that summons a directory browser UI that I can navigate to
a directory that has jpgs in it. (e.g., "C:\Documents and Settings\wades\My
Documents\My Pictures\rocks5"). When I hit the 'accept' button in the
directory browser, it goes away and the path to the directory I picked goes
into the location bar or whatever you'd call it in the Image Viewer Morph
window. A balloon comes up, saying 'When I'm populated, you can click on a
file to load it.' Nothing happens.

If I try hitting the little '>' button by the location bar on the Image View
Morph window, I get an "error out of bounds." If I debug that, I see that
the error happens in SampleImageLoader>>loadImage: it appears that the
SampleImageLoader's collection members are empty.

I tried making an instance of SampleImageLoader from the workspace, thinking
I could manually initialize it and load the image list.

a _ SampleImageLoader new.
a inspect.
(open a transcript)
a loadImagesBelow: 'c:\stuff\rpics'
The transcript shows "Entering DosFileDirectory on 'c:\stuff\rpics'" and
then nothing else happens.

Should any of this work?

I am using:

Squeak3.9