[Newbies] SampleCode-ImageViewer

Wade Scholine wscholine at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 14:01:04 UTC 2007

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 15:19:43 -0300
> From: Edgar J De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Newbies] SampleCode-ImageViewer
> To: "A friendly place to get answers to even the most basic questions
>         about   Squeak." <beginners at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
>

> On 23/06/2007, at 13:51, Wade Scholine wrote:
>
> > This is a question about the sample that was posted here last
> > October, at
> >
> >   http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/beginners/2006-
> > October/001238.html
> >
> > I am not able to make it work. I was able to file in the code and
> > start an instance from a workspace with 'SampleImageViewerMorph
> > new.' I click on the 'dir' button in the upper left hand corner of
> > the resulting Image Viewer Morph window, and that summons a
> > directory browser UI that I can navigate to a directory that has
> > jpgs in it. ( e.g., "C:\Documents and Settings\wades\My Documents
> > \My Pictures\rocks5"). When I hit the 'accept' button in the
> > directory browser, it goes away and the path to the directory I
> > picked goes into the location bar or whatever you'd call it in the
> > Image Viewer Morph window. A balloon comes up, saying 'When I'm
> > populated, you can click on a file to load it.' Nothing happens.
> >
> > If I try hitting the little '>' button by the location bar on the
> > Image View Morph window, I get an "error out of bounds." If I debug
> > that, I see that the error happens in SampleImageLoader>>loadImage:
> > it appears that the SampleImageLoader's collection members are empty.
> >
> > I tried making an instance of SampleImageLoader from the workspace,
> > thinking I could manually initialize it and load the image list.
> >
> > a _ SampleImageLoader new.
> > a inspect.
> > (open a transcript)
> > a loadImagesBelow: 'c:\stuff\rpics'
> > The transcript shows "Entering DosFileDirectory on 'c:\stuff
> > \rpics'" and then nothing else happens.
> >
> > Should any of this work?
> >
> > I am using:
> >
> > Squeak3.9
> > latest update: #7067
> > Current Change Set: Unnamed1
> >  OK
> >

> > On WinXP SP2.
>
> I  file the code and could see is working.
>
> SampleImageViewerMorph new on a Workspace
> Or select the class in the Sustem Browser and alt - click for "more"
> and then "sample instace"
>
> Could be enhanced to read all the picts formats and not only jpg.
>
> Hints:
> Go to Utilities >> graphicsFileSuffixes.
> Investigate "senders"
> Have fun !

I got SampleImageLoader's loadImagesBelow working: the problem was that it
was trying to match files ending with .jpg or .jpeg, but my files had .JPG.

I still am having problems with the package though. It appears that the
SampleImageLoader is not getting hooked up with the Model correctly.

Are you using 3.9?