[Newbies] Best practice for very simple objects

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Tue Jun 26 12:27:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm thinking right now about some role and permission
stuff for my webapp. But I'm asking myself what will
be a good approach for this.

At first I created a lot of classes like AdminRole,
MemberRole, CreatePermission, ModifyPermission etc.
I used the class objects for this. These only carry
some state like index, label. The role objects also
carry a set of permissions.

But at the moment I doubt this is a good approach. I'll
end up with a lot of classes that have only two mehods.
And second (I dislike most) is to use class side
initialization for populating the objects at first.

The good thing about it is that I'm able to use
something like

anAction requires: Modifypermission
and
aUser hasPrivilege: AdminRole

What would be a usual approach to solve something like
this??

thanks in advance,

Norbert