[Newbies] SampleCode-ImageViewer

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jun 27 18:38:43 UTC 2007

El 6/27/07 12:35 PM, "Michael Davies" <mykdavies+squeak at gmail.com> escribió:
>  you mentioned that you'd have done things differently.
I send a attached of some old thing I do for showing how a slide show of
picts could be made to some Squeaker.

Don't take me as last word !
I sure many could do same better.

> but realised that image
> handling on my Mac wasn't very fast,
On which Mac ? How many picts ? I curious

> I had a lot of trouble getting to a core SystemWindow-based
> application. Are you saying that (i) using SystemWindow is not the
> approach you'd have taken, or (ii) that's not how you'd have implemented a
> SystemWindow-based application? (or both!).

I do a PasteUpMorph container of all picts.
But could be done as SystemWindow and using layout.
When I have time I try to redo the demo , this time SystemWindow based and
recursive.
I have one folder with 1117 picts from my cousins trip to Italy...
Clear to manage this kind my PasteUpMorph approach is not good.
Maybe a modification of BookMorph (as MiStack ) with cards holding say 50
picts each and flipping the cards ...

Keep Squeaking and having fun !

Edgar