[Newbies] How do you find which code runs when you click on something?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jun 28 06:56:12 UTC 2007

What I usually do to find out is selecting a string (like, in an
error message, or shift-click the label of a button or menu item, or
just typing it somewhere) and pressing Ctrl-E. This shows me all
methods that use that string, and if it was sufficiently unique it's
easy to spot which method was involved. From there, it's the usual
senders/implementors image surfing to find out what happens next.

- Bert -