[Newbies] Private metods as my*?

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 05:56:02 UTC 2007

And note that the pvt prefix is Squeak specific.

I tried the my prefix for a while on instance variables, but not
methods(think Kent Beck's _Smalltalk Best Practice Patterns_ had a
section on it). I prefer method categories that group by intended use
(published, public, private, etc.)

One of the things I love about Smalltalk is the lack of access control.