[Newbies] Where do I put it?

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Tue Mar 6 14:04:23 UTC 2007

Hi Blake,

I agree that you questions have general value and I'm happy to help
publicly.  I only offered to help you offline because it is clear that you
are getting something from our conversation so I wanted to remove the
distractions of the public list if it was causing any difficulty.

It does seem that there are games where the deck arrangement is so different
that it needs its own coding.  The benefit of the factory implementation
that I showed you is that you now have a deckFactory superclass to write
code that is common among all decks (like shuffle).  Ultimately the greatest
benefit of shared code comes from having more then one game that can use the
same deck.  In that case all you have to do is implement the deckType on
your game and you are good to go.

You are asking very good questions, please keep them coming!

Ron