[Newbies] Squeak slows to start up in Windows

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Tue Mar 6 15:46:43 UTC 2007

Hello Hilaire,

HF> I am pretty sure I read it somewhere in the Squeak mailing list why
HF> Squeak can be slow to start in Windows... but I cannot find the information.

one thing to speed it up is to have only one image and changes in the
folder. Dunno the exakt explanation myself.

HF> I have just rename the image and executable with the same name, located
HF> in the same directory, but it start a bit slowly, about 20s.
That surely doesn't help if you have several image.

HF> What is the trick?

Personally I always put a batch into the folder containing exe and
image name like:
squeak.exe 3_8start_dev.image

I haven't found a reliable way of fast startups while the batch
solution is always fast.

Cheers
Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net