[Newbies] Morphic event-handling confusion

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Mar 15 11:17:30 UTC 2007

On Mar 15, 2007, at 11:23 , Michael van der Gulik wrote:

> There's a two-step sequence of messages I'd like my Puck to receive
> while still doing the normal getting-moved-by-the-Hand stuff.

No go. You need to implement your mouse behavior on your own, using
an event handler (#on:send:to:) or by overriding the mouse event
methods. Only if you do neither (that is, your morph answers false to
#handlesMouseDown), the default getting-moved-by-the-Hand kicks in.
This is meant for authoring, not for actual usage.

Of course, implementing the "default" behavior in your morph is
utterly trivial - send #attachMorph: or #grabMorph: to the event's hand.

- Bert -