[Newbies] Re: Squeak - for a different Summer of Code!

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray.luna at javeriana.edu.co
Fri Mar 16 16:49:28 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm a newbie on Squeak and I have been using only eToys and BotsInc
environment for teaching introductory courses on Informatics. But I
think that would be nice a project which combines content creation for
the OLPC image of Squeak with the creation/adaptation of tools for
making that content more easy for authoring and localization to multiple
languages. This would be a project not centered on code but is going
from content to code and from software to "humanware" (part of the
project is using the OLPC image to create content with children of
schools). Do you think that there is a place for such proposal in SOC
(Google is a sponsor of OLPC project). ¿Some one would be willing to
mentor it?

Cheers,

Offray