[Newbies] Monticello and merging

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Wed Mar 21 09:46:35 UTC 2007

Hi!

Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some problems trying to merge with monticello.
> If I merge I get a list of all changes from the actual
> version to the selected version. For every entry in the

If no entries are bold then you can just go ahead and press "Merge" to
actually perform the merge, you have no conflicts and the list just
shows the changes that will be made.

> list I can press keep or reject. But I don't know how
> it is supposed to be used. For me it shows no effect at
> all pressing each of the buttons.

If there are indeed bold entries in the list then you have conflicts and
selecting one of those enables the "Keep" and "Reject" buttons. One hint
though - "Keep" means "keep the change and change the image to the other
version of the method" and "reject" means "reject the change and let it
be as it is right now in the image".

So those button names can unfortunately be misinterpreted by some,
thinking they mean the opposite.

You will notice that you can not press "Merge" until you have decided
what to do with all the conflicts (bold entries).

> A little explanation would be great.
>
> regards,
>
> Norbert

Hope that helped.