[Newbies] saving image automatically

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Tue May 1 00:06:47 UTC 2007

Norbert Hartl wrote:

> I only have a saveAs selector but no saveAs: What squeak version are
> you using?

Oops.  I thought it was standard but it was one of my extensions
(modeled off similar code in SmalltalkImage):

SmalltalkImage>>saveAs: newName
    "Save the image  under the specified new name."

    (SourceFiles at: 2) ifNotNil:
        [self closeSourceFiles; "so copying the changes file will always
work"
             saveChangesInFileNamed: (self fullNameForChangesNamed:
newName)].
    self saveImageInFileNamed: (self fullNameForImageNamed: newName)

> Yes, me too. And an idea to automatically upgrade the image to the last
> version found in Monticello ;)

I hacked something together based on the code in the Monticello base
mostly from MCFileRepositoryInspector>>refresh.  It wasn't too pretty.
I've asked for permission to post it from my employer...the more eyes on
it the better.

David