[Newbies] [Q] A really silly question

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu May 10 19:31:37 UTC 2007

Hello Mathieu,

MS> 	| prevToken |
MS> 	prevToken _ self advance.
MS> 	(prevToken == #- and: [token isKindOf: Number])
MS> 		ifTrue:
MS> 			[^self advance negated].
MS> 	^prevToken

imho that doesn't contradict me (at least what I wanted to say :-)

In the example I quoted, the compiler (parser?) would have to look at
the previous line (a := 14.) to know that in the current line
(b := - a.) a is representing a number. Only then it makes sense to
try building a literal.

I was not successful in finding senders of nextLiteral in Scanner or
Parser so I still don't know. Also no luck with searching all sources.

Only hits in xml-parser which is a different beast.

Thanks for your patience anyway!

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net