[Newbies] Re: [Q] A really silly question

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Thu May 10 20:14:21 UTC 2007

Mathieu Suen a écrit :
> Yes actually I was pointing out the wrong method here  is the good one
> but really ugly(idea is still the same):
> scanLitVec
>                         [(token == #-
>                                     and: [((typeTable at: hereChar
> charCode ifAbsent: [#xLetter])) = #xDigit])
>                                 ifTrue:
>                                     [self scanToken.
>                                     token _ token negated]]].
>
>     Mth
>

> On May 10, 2007, at 9:31 PM, Herbert König wrote:
>
>> I was not successful in finding senders of nextLiteral in Scanner or
>> Parser so I still don't know. Also no luck with searching all sources.

- 15 is a job of the parser, not the scanner as early noted by Mathieu.

See http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=3616

It is specific to squeak and does not work in other Smalltalks.
And it is of course interpreted as two different tokens in a literal
array, try #(- 15) = #(-15)

I find it very confusing and already suggested to remove such a feature.
I am happy that Edgar pointed the problem out.

Nicolas