[Newbies] modules, plugins, primitives, and MIDIPlugin

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Sun May 13 11:02:48 UTC 2007

Enno Schwass wrote:
> Hello
>
> Whats the result of -->
>
> SimpleMIDIPort midiIsSupported
>
>> I have built squeak from a recent svn version, and in fact I have
>> MIDIPlugin in my /lib/squeak/3.9-10 directory.
>>
>> But how can I test it?
>>
>> I can't see any midi port from alsa when squeak is running.
>
> BTW: Under linux you probably have to load the kernel module manually.
>
> bye
> Enno

SimpleMIDIPort midiIsSupported returns true.

As I wrote in the squeakaudio list, I succesfully got midi out working with:

SimpleMIDIPort openDefault

At least, I can see the out port from outside, but I haven't tested it yet.

MIDI input, instead,seems unsupported:

SimpleMIDIPort inputPortNumFromUser returns nil.

I regularly use MIDI applications on Linux. All modules are there for sure.

c.

--
http://www.cesaremarilungo.com