[Newbies] Passing arguments to squeak image

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu May 17 11:08:58 UTC 2007

On May 17, 2007, at 10:53 , Patrick Collison wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using latest SVN Squeak, I'm having trouble passing arguments to an
> image.
>
> As far as I can see from the usage, it looks like "squeak foo.image
> bar" should pass bar as an argument to the image. Instead, though, I
> get a load error (the problem seems to be that Squeak is trying to
> load the url "file:bar" using the CodeLoader).

The argument is passed into the image just fine. The active AutoStart
launcher interprets the first argument as a script file and tells
CodeLoader to load that file. If it is not there this fails of course.

You can pass an empty argument as first option after the image name
followed by your other arguments, or deactivate the launcher in your
image.

- Bert -