[Newbies] Simply...

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gulik.co.nz
Mon May 21 11:12:40 UTC 2007

> Michael van der Gulik kirjoitti 20.5.2007 kello 13.25:
>
>> Antero Salminen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> dbl-click program icon and no action.
>>> in intelmac , only some VM? no ide?
>>>
>>> I have no printer, but ...
>>

>> Hello again Antero :-).
>>
>> What is your native language? Finnish?
>>
>> There's a lot of documentation on http://www.squeak.org/
>> Documentation. Many of the books there are still valid.
>>
>> When you start up Squeak, normally you get a few windows on your
>> screen with information about the "image" you're using. All of
>> Squeak can be accessed from that - including the IDE. Is this what
>> you're seeing? Try clicking on the background.
>>
>> Michael.
>

> Antero Salminen wrote: Hi,
> thanks.
> Any examples from databases. Where to dig. ?

I would use Google; use "site:wiki.squeak.org" or
"site:lists.squeakfoundation.org" in your queries and look for the
keywords: "Magma", "GOODS", "MySQL", "PostgreSQL", "ODBC", "SQL" etc.

However, I'd learn to walk before you start running! Spend some time
learning how to program in Squeak before trying to do complicated things
like accessing databases.

Michael.