[Newbies] User interfaces | getting started

Darren White bobblebob at gmail.com
Sun May 20 20:55:33 UTC 2007

Hello,
This is my first post here. I have been exploring the squeak environment and
smalltalk syntax for a few weeks now. Usually when learning a new
programming language I create a small programs such as a contacts list.
First I may do it with a console front end then play around with a GUI and
widgets.

I have got to the stage with squeak where I want to do that but I can't see
how to proceed. For a console type program how do I proceed and for a GUI
program what is the main form/frame/window to hold the components. So the
main thing I'm stuck with is the user interface, I have read enough to know
how to create classes and their method bodies (though my code may be bad at
this stage :-) ).
Any advice would be most welcome, I can't wait to get stuck in!

Darren