[Newbies] Re: Morph Drop Shadows

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 18:38:47 UTC 2007

[Newbies] Morph Drop Shadows

HI David H. Shanabrook,

As Bert says the trick is to move the morph w/o
lifting it.
One general way to do that with any morph is the brown
halo handle.

The other is to create a morph that behaves the way
you want.
I had started some work which I had hope to apply to
moving block puzzles.

I wrote a little about it Here:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-May/116371.html

And posted my work in progress code to bob's super
swiki

http://209.143.91.36/super/728
MovingPiece-wiz

The codes in the form of a 3dot9 project.
Load the project and look at the change set for it.

Also earlier related work on puzzleboards modified a
pasteup morph to prevent overlapping pieces:

http://209.143.91.36/super/634
Puzzleboards

The code is in both project form (for an old 3.7
squeak) and as change sets. The change set should work
in 3.9 and probably a recent 3.8 (if they fixed the
bug mentioned)

You will need to adapt it to apply to pentomino's

Hth.

***
>[Newbies] Morph Drop Shadows
>

>Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
>Sun May 20 19:05:01 UTC 2007
>

>In that case it's surely simplest to add the mouse
handling to your

wrote:

>> I am experimenting with geometry tutors, such as
pentominos.  when
>> trying to fit shapes precisely together the shadow
is very
>> disturbing, it is hard to know what is the shadow
and what is the
>> shape, especially for kids.
>>
>> dhs
>>

>> On 20 May 2007, at 14:51, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>
>>> The Hand draws a shadow of all morphs it is
holding. You could
>>> implement the dragging of your morphs yourself and
not leave that
>>> to HandMorph. Or hack HandMorph>>fullDrawOn:
method to not draw

wrote:

> [...]
pick the morph
although I can switch

> [...]