[Newbies] shortcut to search all categories for a particular class?

Chris Cunnington cunnington at sympatico.ca
Thu May 24 03:25:14 UTC 2007

On 5/23/07 10:57 PM, "Giles Bowkett" <gilesb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all - is there an easy way to google Smalltalk, so to speak? If I
> know the class name but not its location in the System Browser, is
> there an easy shortcut which will take me directly to the code for the
> class?

If I understand, you want to find a class, because there is no Class Finder
as their is a Method Finder. If that's the case then roll your mouse pointer
over the class categories pane, the first pane in an open browser, and press
Esc and then Return, and you'll get a window asking for the name of the
class you want. Or put the mouse pointer in the same place, and press
Command+f (on a Mac).

Chris Cunnington