[Newbies] package browsers

Nick Ager nick.ager at gmail.com
Thu May 24 19:34:43 UTC 2007

Hi,

What is the difference between the "Package Universe Browser" and
"SqueakMap Package Loader"?

On a related question, I'm trying to understand the difference between
packages listed in SqueakMap/Universe Browser and those listed in the
"Monticello Browser". I understand that Monticello is a version
control system which contains the latest although not necessarly
stable release code whereas the packages listed in SqueakMap/Universe
Browser should link to stable releases of the code. Is this
understanding correct? Is packaging part of an image release cycle or
a separate process?

Thanks again

Nick