[Newbies] Re: undefinedobject showflag

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 04:06:11 UTC 2007

[Newbies] undefinedobject showflag

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the picture.

nil is the one and only instance of Undefined object.

The error message says that nil does not understand
(has no method for)
the message "showflap".

The question is why is
aViewer owner ifNotNilDo: [ :f | ^f flapTab showFlap;
yourself ].

trying to send #showFlap to nil.

PasteUpMoprh>>flapTab
	| ww |
	self isFlap ifFalse:[^nil].
	ww _ self world ifNil: [World].
	^ww flapTabs detect:[:any| any referent == self]
ifNone:[nil]

is returning nil so either "aViewer owner" is not a
flap or none of the worlds flapTabs are this one.

If you explore how to use the debugger you can
actually look to see which is the case.

Without knowing how to recreate the problem I couldn't
say from the outside. (First rule of troubleshooting
is first hand information.)  ;-)

However, one suggestion would be just abandon the
debug window. And then see if anything vital is
actually missing.  And maybe next time when saving a
project, dismiss the viewer flaps from the screen
before saving.

hth,

***
>mstram mstramba at sympatico.ca
>Thu May 24 21:41:47 UTC 2007 wrote:
>
>I keep getting this message 'undefinedobject
showflag', when working with the
>viewer for graphically objects and when saving the
image.  This happens with
>Squeak 3.9 /7067.
>
>Here's a screengrab (couldn't figure out how to
capture the text contents)

>http://mstram.freepgs.com/img/undefinedobject_showflag.jpg
>
>Mike
>--