[Newbies] undefinedobject showflag

mstram mstramba at sympatico.ca
Fri May 25 09:43:50 UTC 2007

Jerome,

I think I may know what is causing the problem.

When I opened one or more viewers on objects I had added / painted, the flap
that was created
to contain the viewers was bugging me so I alt-clicked it, and used the
X-icon to delete it.

I see from looking at the debug/inspect owner chain that a viewer's
owner/parent is normally the "viewer flap" (when the option "viewersInFlaps"
is on.

I just tried to recreate deleting the viewer-flap before deleting the
viewer(s), but when I do it now, the viewers are being deleted as well (as
they should be, I assume).  I'm almost sure I was somehow able to drag/move
the viewer-flap at one point and the viewers were being "left behind".  If I
deleted the flap at that point I'm guessing the viewers would be "orphaned"
and that might be what is causing the problem.

Mike

P.S.  Can someone rename this thread to  " .... *showFLAP*"  instead of
"FLAG" ... (stupid me) !