[Newbies] package browsers

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat May 26 09:05:08 UTC 2007

El 5/25/07 11:42 PM, "Michael van der Gulik" <mikevdg at gulik.co.nz> escribió:

> The Universe Browser is new in 3.10, and follows the same idea, but now
> the packages in a "universe" are known to work together well. For
> example, there's a "3.10" universe, that, in theory, you should be able
> to load and use any package from. That's the extent of my knowledge.
The Universe Browser is not new.
What is new is 3.10 have it as default instead SqueakMap.
3.10 goals are establish a high quality process (all test should be green)
and be more user friendly.
Also the user could hit the updates button as in earlier releases and have
his/her image up to date.
We believe at the end of release people could load any in the 3.10 Universe
without troubles.
I put a FunSqueak 3.10 image (non official) for people could play with new
and old friends into ftp://squeak.cobss.ch, thanks Klaus

Edgar