[Newbies] Linux and Squeak server help

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Nov 6 22:20:28 UTC 2007

El 11/6/07 4:26 PM, "johnps11 at bigpond.com" <johnps11 at bigpond.com> escribió:

> Gday Edgar,
>
> What distribution (i.e. Redhat, Suse, Debian, Ubuntu etc) and version
> (hamm, buzz, Hoary Hedghog, 7 etc) are you running?  That information will
> probably allow us to help you.
>
> Yrs
>
> John

I use SimplyMepis 6.5
The first time I got Squeak via console synaptic, the system use Ubuntu data
base and bring Squeak 3.8 full.
After that , I transfer all running images from mac or from windows XP via
Samba, with right .changes and .sources.

I resume what I send private to Klaus.

If I run same Squeak image on Mac and Linux.

Via Nebraska you could send things from Linux to Mac, not to inverse
Doing the most simple tcp
|  socket | "RECEIVING DATA"
socket := Socket new.
socket listenOn: 8000.
    socket
                waitForConnectionUntil: (Socket deadlineSecs: 300).
    mensaje := socket getData.

|  socket | "SENDING DATA"
socket := Socket new.
socket
        connectTo: (NetNameResolver addressForName: ip) "HERE IP SHOULD BE
RIGHT"
        port: 8000.
        socket waitForConnectionUntil: Socket standardDeadline.
socket sendData: 'hola'

You could send from Windows to Mac and viceversa but only from Linux to
Winows or Mac and not viceversa

Of course I can't have any swiki, Comanche, or any more ellaborate and
working from outside of Linux box.

Edgar