[Newbies] variables declared in workspaces

gruntfuttuck gruntfuttuck at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 21:07:31 UTC 2007

Hi,
I added this code to a workspace:

oneMinBeeper := TaskScheduler new.
oneMinBeeper do: [Beeper beep]  every: 1 minute.
oneMinBeeper start.

I then deleated the the workspace thinking that it would take the
oneMinBeeper object with it. exactly one minute later I realized that's not
how it works! How do I now access this object? How can I kill it.

Also some general info where objects live would be useful. I notice that if
I open up another workspace and inspect oneMinBeeper, that it's referred to
an undefined object but it must be defined somewhare as it's still beeping.

Cheers