[Newbies] Re: monticello package - adding instance variables toexisting classes

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Nov 16 09:22:31 UTC 2007

On Nov 16, 2007, at 4:34 , Matthew Fulmer wrote:

>> I am curious about the reasons for this restriction. Is it because
>> of the
>> way Monticello relies on method category names?
>
> For the most part, this is the reason for the restriction. I
> would consider it a bug.

More like a missing feature, but not necessarily in MC. We have
simply no way of annotating which inst var belongs to which package.
If the system and PackageInfo was extended to allow this annotation,
then MC could be made to use it.

Both MC2 and DeltaStreams deal with this.

For plain MC you can hack around it with the meta sword, as usual.

- Bert -