[Newbies] How do I find out the maximum extent that a morph can be set to, without this impacting the current extent of its owner morph?

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 08:15:18 UTC 2007

[Newbies] How do I find out the maximum extent that a
morph can be set to, without this impacting the
current extent of its owner morph?

Hi Alexandre,

My first guess would be:

maxBounds := myMorph owner bounds
myMorph bounds: maxBounds.

and my second guess would be:
necessaryInset := 1
maxBounds := maxBounds insetBy: necessaryInset .

and try for a third guess:
necessaryInset := necessaryInset  + 1 .

etc.

And I would use a squeak workspace to find out what I
needed to know. And then I would know it. (Report back
here you results)

Cheers.

***

>Alexandre Rousseau alexr at mailsnare.net
>Wed Nov 28 05:27:28 UTC 2007
>
>Hi all
>
>Question: How do I find out the maximum extent that a
morph can be
>set to, without this impacting the current extent of
its owner morph?
>Context: trying to set the extent of a sticky note's
summary label to
>the maximum possible width, and such that the note's
window (isKindOf
>PasteUpMorph) will not be resized.
>
>Thanks in advance
>Alex