[Newbies] PostgresV2 and bulk resultsets

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Wed Nov 28 07:04:04 UTC 2007

Thanks for the enhancement. It seems to me that the implementation is
case-specific and could be implemented using the equivalent SQL calls
without changing the PostgresV2 code. In any case, the squeaksource
project is world writable, so you can add an enhanced version yourself.

What I would like to do at some point is to support V3 protocol, and at
the same time, introduce a streaming protocol where the rows would be
read using a #next method (so the result rows would stay on the server
until they're requested). Also, #cancel would stop reading any further
rows from the server.

--
Yanni