[Newbies] Designing a calender

gruntfuttuck gruntfuttuck at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 12:59:44 UTC 2007

Hello

This morning I woke up with a decision to create a calender in squeak for
the fun of it.

I though I would run my design thoughts throw with you guys, so you can tell
me what a stupid way of doing x or y is.

How I visually see this is that a calender has years which in turn hold
month, which in turn holds days and days have events. I'm not interested in
adding times to the days, times will be added to the event text.

One aria where I'm confused is if an instance of class Calender holds
instances of class Year; how many years instances dose the calender hold?
Are years created as needed or should say one hundred years, into the future
be created when the calender is created? What I'm thinking is that an
instance of class year should be created when a date is added to that year.
Am I looking at this all the wrong way?

As I see it repeat events need to be accessed by all instances of class
year. So It would seem that a class variable is the best place to store
these. How do instance methods access class variables?

Sorry for being vague as usual, I'm a vague and confused person.

Darren