[Newbies] Delete translations

Takashi Yamamiya tak at metatoys.org
Thu Oct 11 18:10:59 UTC 2007

Hi Antonio,

> It is very easy to add languages, merge, etc, but I do not find how to
> delete one of them.

If your question is about a word, there is a button named "remove". If
the question is about a language, there is no UI but you can do it:

NaturalLanguageTranslator removeLocaleID: (LocaleID isoString: 'tlh')

> This mixed use can create problems to me?
>
> translations will be OUT of the image file?
> etoys-dev-2.2.image has translations inside or they are only at
> squeak/po/subdirectories?
> I can load german language by menu but I have not any  *.de at my
> squeak/po/subdirectories, so I'm confusing.

Now we use NaturalLanguageTranslator only for internal use. It will be
replaced more gettext compatible way. Meanwhile, you can use the
language editor, but I recommend to get used to gettext tools. Now
translation data is in the image as a cache. So you don't need external
po file. But this behavior might be changed.

> About Babel (Preferences... menu),  which is the diference between
> /translationWithBabel/ activated or not?

Babel is old name of NaturalLanguageTranslator. This preference is no
more used. Thanks for informing about it.

Cheers,
- Takashi