[Newbies] A question of Squeak

Offray Vladimir Luna Cardenas offray.luna at javeriana.edu.co
Sat Oct 27 19:59:59 UTC 2007

Hi All and thanks Edgar, David and Karl for your answers,

The person who made the question is one of my students. I invited him to
ask here because I believe that becoming part of a community of practice
is the best way to learn (well was nice to know that this "intuition" is
deeply studied in the book Communities of Practice by Etienne Wenger).

With your help we finally found our way to make the Bots look like
anything we want. The idea is that we made the dress for the Bot in an
external program (inkscape, to have a freely scalable image), export to
png and after that this code make the conversion the work:

| unaForma prueba |
unaForma := ImageReadWriter formFromFileNamed: 'cactus.png'.
prueba := FileStream newFileNamed: 'cactus', '.frm'.
unaForma storeOn: prueba.

We are, as always, creating our organic memory in Eduwiki:

http://eduwiki.info/Dramabotica/Escenarios
http://eduwiki.info/Dramabotica/Dialogos

So, with dressing and dialogs, dramabotics, looks advancing in good shape.

Cheers,

Offray

Pdt: Is nice to know that Bots Inc is in Google Books. Do you know if
there is some organization which we can contact to support the
liberation of this book and, for example, made Spanish freely
distributable translations and even get some licensing scheme similar to
the excellent Squeak by example?