[Newbies] Best way to implement two-dimensional array

John Almberg jalmberg at identry.com
Sun Sep 2 13:00:18 UTC 2007

Sorry... forgot one other thing... I'd like to be able to initialize
the table using a literal, like:

#( #(1 4 3)
    #(4 3 6)
    #(9 5 4) )

That would be a real bonus, because the table is quite large and I
want to be able to 'see' the table in the source code so I can change
it easily.

-- John

On Sep 2, 2007, at 8:45 AM, John Almberg wrote:

> This is a smalltalk question, but hopefully not too off-topic...
>
> I need a lookup table object... something to which I can send a
> message like:
>
> anElement := myTable index1: #aSymbol index2: #anotherSymbol
>
> The underlying structure is actually a table... rows and columns...
> and I want to be able to fetch elements in the table.
>
> I am thinking myTable should hold a dictionary of dictionaries, (a
> hash of hashes, I might say if using another language), but I am
> wondering if there is a more smalltalk-ish way to do this?
>
> Any suggestions much appreciated.
>
> -- John

Websites for On-line Collectible Dealers
Identry, LLC
John Almberg
(631) 546-5079
jalmberg at identry.com