[Newbies] Is it possible to manipulate excel spreadsheet by squeak

johnps11 at bigpond.com johnps11 at bigpond.com
Thu Sep 6 23:15:54 UTC 2007

> The new XML based format may be easier to parse / write using YAXO

As someone who has done this stuff (though not from Squeak), Good Luck
with OOXML.  It's very fragile, and appears to break for no apparent
reason.  I suggest you either use a library (as others have suggested) or
use Oo.org as a conversion engine, and work with the XML in that format,
then use OO.org again to write back to excel.  The degree of success you
will get with any approach will be inversely related to the documents
complexity - complex excel documents get very wierd with anything but
Visual Basic (which is wierd to begin with).

John