[Newbies] Morphic buttons in Laser Game tutorial

ina tube innertube at doramail.com
Sun Sep 9 08:02:45 UTC 2007

I've been working through Stephen Wessel's fantastic Laser Game tutorial, and have enjoyed the process a great deal.  I've gotten to the part where the tutorial describes using Morphic to create the UI for the game.

http://squeak.preeminent.org/tut2007/html/068.html

When I get to the part where tutorial describes creating the 'Fire' and 'Quit' buttons, though, I get an unexpected result.  The buttons are vastly oversized.  I've checked the code and the tutorial several times, so I don't think I've typed in any erroneous code.

I've also browsed the PluggableButtonMorph class to see if I could remedy the problem by finding out which methods to call to re-size the buttons into something that approximates what the tutorial describes.  Yet I have not been able to do so.

Can someone help me out with this section of the tutorial?

Thanks,

Paul