[Newbies] Re: Traits

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Tue Sep 25 08:00:31 UTC 2007

Hi Nick,

on Tue, 25 Sep 2007 02:00:50 +0200, you wrote:

> Armed with new knowledge of Traits gained from the excellent "Squeak By
> Example" I tried:
>     Smalltalk allClasses select: [:each | each hasTraitComposition]
>
> which gave:
>
> an OrderedCollection(ActionSequence BalloonBezierSimulation BalloonEngine
> BalloonEngineConstants BasicRequestor Behavior BrowserProvider
> ....WorldMenuProvider XMLTokenizer ZipConstants ZipFileConstants)
>
> However browsing to a random class say "ActionSquence", doesn't show any
> evidence of Trait composition. Is this a problem with the current
> browser?

You're right, (TraitComposition allInstances reject: [:each | each
isEmpty]) size gives just 17 in my squeak-web image but TraitComposition
allInstances size reports 325. Could you report your find on
bugs.squeak.org, this should be investigated if empty TraitComposition
should really populate the image. Perhaps #traitComposition was used
unconditional.

> Also is there a way to browse a Trait say TPureBehavior

Just select that name and alt-b opens a browser on TPureBehavior.

/Klaus