[Newbies] TextAttributes in OBDefinitions

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 04:48:58 UTC 2007

[Newbies] TextAttributes in OBDefinitions

Hi Matthew, Hi Robert.

for step 3. try
self doOnlyOnce: [ self halt ] .

which can be primed by evaluating
“nil rearmOneShot”

That allows you to get the debugger you want and then
have the method  behave normally.

***

Krahn wrote:
>> Hello Squeakers,
>>
>> I am trying to add TextAttributes to the text which
is shown in the
>> definition panel of OBBrowsers. My attempt to add
TextAttributes to
>> the results of #text methods of OBNodes had no
effect.

>> E.g. I changed OBUPackageVersionNode>>text to:
>>
>> 	^ package longDescription asText allBold
>>
>> and expected to read the details of package
versions in bold text.
>> But nothing changed.
>
>You are probably doing this correctly, but something
higher up
>is turning it into a String. The way I debug this is:
>
>1. Open an instance of a window that makes the call
>2. Minimize it
>3. Place a self halt in the method you want to trace.
>4. Unminimize the window
>
>If you put a halt in while the window is active, you
are likely
>to get an endless stream of debuggers until you
minimize the
>window again
***

-