[Newbies] Semaphore problems

Jason Shoemaker kutsuya at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 23:44:29 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to get this code run, but I'm not getting the results I expect.
I running on a 3.10beta image.

semA := Semaphore new.
semB := Semaphore new.

[Transcript show: 'b1'; cr. semB signal. semA wait.
        Transcript show: 'b2'; cr.] fork.
[Transcript show: 'a1'; cr. semA signal. semB wait.
        Transcript show: 'a2'; cr.] fork.

results:

b1

a2

That's all.  If I hit cmd-doIt rapidly I do begin to see a1 and b2 as well.
The process browser doesn't seem to show anything waiting.

I'm on a amd64, in a 32bit chroot. I'm in Gentoo Linux, so the VM was built
from source.

Thanks for any clues,

  JTS