[Newbies] Magma - freeing memory, and preloading index

stan shepherd squeak414 at free.fr
Thu Apr 3 23:05:09 UTC 2008

Hi, I've currently got 2 Million objects in a MagmaCollection. My memory use
is 300MB.

I thought by doing
                maCollection add: entry.
		magmaSession stubOut: rating.

and periodically garbageCollecting, the entries would effectively be flushed
to disk and release memory.
Am I misunderstanding? Is there another way to do this?

Also, I suspect loading is being slowed by dynamically creating the 2
indexes (indices?). Is there a way to pre-create these, in order, before
adding the entries?

...Stan