[Newbies] Misunderstanding Squeak

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 19:07:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Nathan Lane <nathamberlane at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, as a beginner, I have noted the many things people have told me about
> Squeak, but one thing is really bugging me, and I can't break free of it. In
> my experience programming is a linear task, not object-based, so how do I
> program using Squeak which uses "active objects"?  I don't understand.

Can you give me an example of a linear task you already 'know" how to
program?

We have struggled with this as well, and the only way to move forward, I'm
afraid, is to pick something and make it work!  It would be a nice
discussion thread, though, because there is not usually a lot of discussion
around the best way to build your domain model.  Most questions are "How do
make ???? work?"

Rob