[Newbies] I am a total beginner with some questions

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Apr 8 14:07:11 UTC 2008

El 4/7/08 6:44 PM, "kennellgr" <cboneg5 at gmail.com> escribió:

> I really like programming (I've done some in C) and I decided I wanted to try
> doing some programming on my Mac. I spent hours online trying to find
> something that I could learn and settled on Squeak. I have it and barely
> understand the basics of it.
>
> A few Questions:
>
> 1. What do I do to test whether or not a key has been pressed (in a method I
> want it to say 'if C key is pressed down do this')
>
> 2. What do I do to display a picture that I have on my computer?

Go for
http://ftp.squeak.org/various_images/FunSqueak/FunSqueak3.10alpha.6.zip
Into this you found the excellent "ProgrammingMorphs" tutorial by LexSpoon.

The short answer is you must look by handleKeystroke: message and similars
sended to Morph and inherited classes..

Any Squeak could load .png,.jpg,.gif.
Via drag and drop for 3.8 and newer and via fileList window for all.

Edgar