[Newbies] Newbie assortment

Sven Schott sven.schott at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 23:08:26 UTC 2008

> > service or in some fashion that does not require an account to be logged
> in?
> > Forgive my ignorance, but I know very little about Squeak in terms of
> its
> > capabilities. If my question is not relevant, how then is Squeak
> deployed in
> > enterprise environments? I guess what I'm asking is the following: I
> > currently deploy IT apps using Apache(serve static content and redirect
> > dynamic pages), Mongrel/Rails/Ruby (Application service)) on Linux/OS X.
> Can
> > I do the same with Squeak/Seaside? I've seen enterprise apps with
> Seaside
> > but they may be on other Smalltalk VM/engines.
>

> see http://onsmalltalk.com
>
> Ah thanks for the link. That blog is priceless. I just found:

http://onsmalltalk.com/programming/smalltalk/scaling-seaside-redux-enter-the-penguin/

and I'm itching to play now. Curse me being at work and all!

BTW Thanks everybody for the replies. They are most appreciated. I'm kind of
excited now. I feel like that first time I understood Ruby and saw what it
could do. I think I'm going to have a good time.

Sven