[Newbies] Re: [Webteam] squeak zip-freezes

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 15:37:01 UTC 2008

Staffan,

I don't know the problem, but you could ask on the squeak-dev or
beginners mailing list. This might be a universal problem so I will
copy the squeak-dev mailing list to see if anyone has an answer (if
anyone has an answer for Staffan, could you also copy him directly)

A similar question was raised on the beginner's mailing list so you're
not alone. Here's the conversation with a possible work-around:

I don't have any Vista experience, but here's a shot in the dark,
courtesy of google:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/prevent-explorer-from-freezing-with-large-zip-files-on-vista/

Or, if you have had good past experience with .zip files using
Winzip+Vista, maybe try downloading a different version of squeak from
http://ftp.squeak.org, like 3.9 perhaps, and see if it unzips
correctly.