[Newbies] Quinto Game Example Code Not Working

Enno Schwass ennoausberlin at mac.com
Tue Apr 29 05:37:48 UTC 2008

"Dr. Zephy" <yeoldemac at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm working through the Squeak by Example book and ran into a snag. The code on
> page 33 for the Quinto game is returning an error message.
> I have the SBECell selected and "-- all --" is highlighted in the right pane,
> just like in the book, but it responds with the message "Unknown variable:
> initialize   please correct or cancel:  / declare temp / declare instance /
> cancel".

Sounds like a typo in your code. Maybe there is something wrong with
your cut and paste (unicode and tabs drove me crazy in other languages -
not in squeak so far).

Select all in your initialize method with command-a, backspace, rewrite
it from scratch. The tutorial should be okay, i did it twice with some
newbies.

bye
Enno